Creating an audience in the Channel99 platform allows Salesforce reports to be matched with visitor data and used in reporting. Audience provide a much more granular view of your Channels and Vendors than would be available while only using your Total Addressable Market (TAM).
How to Create and Audience with a Salesforce Report?
- Create your salesforce report using the Accounts report type. This type will include a "Domain" or "Website" field by default which is required for matching.
- Confirm a field called "Domain" or "Website" is present in the report
- Save the Report in salesforce and ensure it's saved into a Public and not a Private folder. Otherwise the Channel99 platform will not have access to the report.
- Once the report is Saved, Copy the report URL and navigate into the Channel99 platform.
- Within the Channel99 Platform go to the "Audiences" tab in the main left menu. Once on the Audience page, click "Create Audience"
- Paste the Salesforce Report URL in the first box called "Salesforce Report Link" and Name your audience.
- Save and wait for your audience to be completed.
NOTE: The most common reason for having more accounts in your Salesforce Report than in your Channel99 Audience are as follows.
- Missing Domain - Channel99 matches using the domain, if this is missing there it is not possible to match
- Duplicate Domain - If two accounts have the same domain the Channel99 Platform will match the first domain found in your report and any other duplicate domains will not be matched.
- Improperly formatted domains - A domain must have .com, .org, .io or some other domain identifier. If the top level domain indicator is missing we cannot match the domain.
If you would like to create an audience through a CSV upload or by copy and pasting domains, Click here for instructions.