Why do I need the Channel99 Tag on my site?
The Channel99 Tag is responsible for collecting all visit data on your site and allows all primary reporting to be available within the platform. Without the Channel99 tag on your site, the Platform will not function.
What is the Channel99 Tag?
This tag loads asynchronously which means it will not block other sections of the page while it loads. If you DO NOT use a tag manager, use these instructions.
How do I place my Channel99 Tag on my site?
Once your tag is provided by the Channel99 team you will be able to place it directly onto your site, most commonly done using a GTM (Google Tag Manager). Instructions for this implementation are as follows.
- Receive Your Tag - Your Channel99 tag is specific to your instance of Channel99 and will be sent to you in email when you register with Channel99.
- Go to your Google Tag Manager account and click "Tags" in the left side menu and "New"
- Name the Tag and click the edit icon in the "Tag Configuration" window
- Choose the "Custom HTML" tag type
- Past Channel99 Tag in the "HTML" section of the page and Save
- Click into The "Triggering" window to add a firing trigger for the Tag
- Add the "All Pages" trigger or if there is no current triggers, use the "+" icon to add "All Pages" with no filter and SAVE
- Once back on the main Workspace Screen click "Submit" if you do not the tag will not go activated and will not function.
When will I start seeing data?
Data will start flowing into the Channel99 platform within an hour due to data processing time. If you do not see data flowing instantaneously, this is to be expected.
If you do not see data in the platform in 2 hours, please reach out to Support@channel99.com for assistance.